Having qualified from Nottingham University Medical School, Nick trained in the West Midlands gaining both the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and the Fellowship in Immediate Medical Care of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh). Appointed to University Hospitals Birmingham in 2007, Nick specialises in anaesthesia for major trauma casualties. In addition, Nick is an experienced pre-hospital doctor having spent ten years working with Midlands Air Ambulance, six of which as Clinical Lead.
Co-Chief Investigator for the RePHILL study, an NIHR funded trial comparing the efficacy of pre-hospital blood products against standard treatment delivered by five UK Air Ambulance services.
Other positions held
- Associate Medical Director UHB – Risk & Governance
- Medical Examiner
- Consultant Trauma Anaesthetist
- Clinical Lead Resuscitation Services UHB
- BMedSci (Hons) – University of Nottingham
- BMBS – University of Nottingham
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists
- DipIMC Royal College Surgeons
- FIMC Royal College Surgeons
University Hospitals Birmingham