Nabeela Malik currently works as a NIHR SRMRC Trauma Research Fellow, based at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, having taken time out of general surgical training on the West Midlands Rotation. Her research interests include: gastrointestinal, laparoscopic and emergency general surgery, major trauma and military surgery, trauma systems of care, triage, and surgery in childhood. Nabeela is also interested in medical education. Nabeela has received BATLS Instructor Recommendation and has partaken in humanitarian military deployment near the Kenyan/Somalian border.
Nabeela Malik is an NIHR SRMRC Trauma Research Fellow.
Other positions held
- Nabeela is also a Specialist Registrar (post ST6), General Surgery, West Midlands Rotation (Currently Out of Programme for Research)
- Medical Officer and Major in the Royal Army Medical Corps with 212 (Yorkshire) Field Hospital (V)
- B.Med.Sci – University of Nottingham
- BMBS (Hons) – University of Nottingham
- MSc Trauma Sciences (Military and Austere) – Queen Mary, University of London
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor (Royal College of Surgeons of England)
The Institute of Translational Medicine, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham.