Emma is a West Midlands neurosurgical, academic trainee currently working at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham. Her clinical interests include the management of traumatic brain injury and polytrauma. In addition to Emma’s clinical training, she is a member of the University of Central Lancashire Head Injury Management Group and is completing a part-time PhD in “concussion in non-athletes”.
Emma is an Academic Clinical Fellow (ST3 Neurosurgery). As part of her PhD, Emma plans to conduct a prospective clinical study to assess whether existing, and new, sports-concussion assessment tools are translatable into NHS practice.
Other positions held
- PhD student – University of Central Lancashire
- Member of the Human Factors Faculty – University Hospitals Birmingham
- Personal Mentor – University of Birmingham Medical School
- MSc Trauma Sciences (distinction)– University of Birmingham
- MBChB – University of Birmingham
- MRCS- Royal College of Surgeons England
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham