Dr Catherine Snelson has been a Consultant in Critical Care and Acute Medicine at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham since 2010 and is an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Birmingham. She is the Clinical Service Lead for Critical Care. She is the current chair of the Critical Care Research Management Group, which collaborates closely with the SRMRC to promote patient focused research within one of the largest critical care units in Europe. Her own research interests focus on the long stay patient within the ICU including rehabilitation, weaning from mechanical ventilation and long term outcomes. She is also Principal Investigator for several current critical care trials including DELVES and TAME.
Principal Investigator for DELVES study, Chair of Critical Care Research Management Group and member of Trauma, Emergency and Critical Care Trial Oversight Group.
Other positions held
- Consultant at Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
- Clinical Service Lead for Critical Care
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Birmingham
- Chair of the Critical Care Research Management Group
- Member of the Royal College Physicians (London)
- Fellow Faculty Intensive Care Medicine
Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham