Conor joined the SRMRC after working as a civilian employee for the Ministry of Defence as a scientific officer and dietitian. During this time he deployed to numerous overseas posts, including operations in Afghanistan and Cyprus. He also worked as a performance nutritionist for rugby club Saracens during their 2011 Aviva Premiership winning season and more recently with Birmingham Moseley RFC.
Conor is a research fellow and PhD student at the SRMRC and the University of Birmingham. He is involved in software development and its usability for the clinical trials performed at the SRMRC, the management of a clinical dose finding trial of an investigational medicinal product to assist in the recovery from traumatic injury and the ongoing SCRUM and RECOS studies in the elite athlete population.
Other positions held
- Clinical and research dietitian – various NHS trusts throughout the UK.
- Performance dietitian – Saracens and Birmingham Moseley RFC.
- Scientific officer and dietitian – Ministry of Defence.
- BSc – King’s College London
- MSc – Loughborough University
- PhD candidate – University of Birmingham
- University of Birmingham
- NIHR Surgical Reconstruction and Microbiology Research Centre, University Hospital Birmingham
- School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Birmingham
- The Institute of Inflammation and Ageing, University of Birmingham